Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day 2 of The Gingerbread Man

Day 2 began with a mini lesson about being purposeful or intentional in our material selection as-well-as how much is needed. The scholars were then sent off to chat with their partner about the design and materials. They were instructed to write up their material list and the amount needed for each. I was most impressed with the conversations the pairs were having, they really showed they were really thinking about the design. One person from the group was the materials collector. Their job was to bring me their list of materials. I also told the class that as they were constructing if they found they needed more of something or an item they had not initially requested, they could come back to me for more....the catch....they had to be able to explain why they needed more or why they needed the new material.
As I walked around to observe, question or lend a hand I was most impressed with the quality of the construction. I believe that by having the scholars be more intentional with their materials they were slowing down and being more purposeful with each step. 







No comments:

Post a Comment